Sunday, March 11, 2012

Box of drawers 




     I have the greatest job I could ask for! Working in a Scrapbook store is great.  I get to see all the new stuff as it is coming out and get to play with most of it.  There is a down fall as all my so called check goes right back to the store.  All smiles though as it works out great for us both, Jackie and I that is.  She is the owner of Scrapbook Obsessions here in Weatherford, Oklahoma.  In working there I also get to make lots of things to put around the store.  This is one of the items I made to show off the Creative Imaginations paper we have in stock. Karen Foster is the box and I wanted to show it off also.  And last is the Tim Holtz alcohol ink.  I also have to give credit to Dale Hazel as he set and helped cut out all the little pieces of this with me.  Hope you enjoy. 




This is the front of the box.  Thought the old south was just to cute.

The back and yes I know most people will not see the back, but, I think setting on a dresser with a mirror on it makes it look so much nicer.  The alcohol inks work nice on the slick side and give it the south west style I was going for.  
We cut out all the details from the paper and popped them up on each drawer.  I made each one a little different. 

The back ground paper here was the back side of this page.  It took 4 sheets to do the whole set, but could be done in less. 

I also used Beacons 3 in 1 glue to do this project.  






No comments: